Whether you are an organization that is just beginning to make the shift to trauma-informed care (TIC) or you have been working on a agency culture shift for a long time, RC has many benefits.
- RC is a training model vetted and refined over 20 years of use.
- RC provider personal and individualized service to organizations.
- RC serves as an overarching framework for understanding trauma. For organizations doing treatment, the framework provides a rubric within which evidenced-based treatments fit.
- RC is a user-friendly model designed to be embedded within the organization’s professional development offerings.
- RC is a core intervention for system-wide implementation of trauma-informed care.
- RC leads to concrete outcomes including increase in staff attitudes favorable to trauma-informed care, decreased restraints and seclusions, decreased staff turnover, increase in knowledge about trauma, decrease in serious incident reports.
- When an organization adopts RC, they join a community of nearly 40 organizations internationally working together to implement and embed trauma-informed care.
- Via the RC train-the-trainer model, organization can sustain TIC over time.