Attitudes Related to Trauma-Informed Care
Measure what matters, measure trauma-informed care
The ARTIC Scale was co-developed by Dr. Courtney Baker of Tulane University and the Traumatic Stress Institute. It has been administered globally to more than 25,000 professionals in human service agencies, school systems, state agencies and more.
Looking for a cost-effective, validated tool to measure trauma-informed care?
Organizations and schools understand that valid data is critical to advancing trauma-informed care (TIC) in their settings and demonstrating success. That’s why the Traumatic Stress Institute co-developed the ARTIC Scale, a psychometrically valid measure of professional and para-professional attitudes toward TIC. The ARTIC Scale is available in two formats. Read below to decide which is best for you.
Decide Which ARTIC Best Fits your Measurement Needs
Online ARTIC Scale
The Online ARTIC was developed in response to customer requests for the ease of online administration as well as automated analysis and reporting.
Professional research expertise is not required to use the Online ARTIC and purchase includes consultation for both study set up and understanding report results.
Continue below to learn if Online ARTIC is right for you.
Are you seeking…
- The ease of administering a survey to participants using smart phone, tablet or computer – for multiple time points of data collection – in a secure, confidential environment?
- Automated data analysis, including comparisons to benchmark data from a large data set of similar organizations?
- Automated online results on a dashboard, including instructions, narrative, graphs, and resources, for both an agency-level view and confidential results for each individual participant?
Paper & Pencil ARTIC Scale
The paper/pencil ARTIC is a copywritten pdf survey which you print and administer to your study participants.
Having expertise in data management and analysis or access to a skilled evaluator or researcher is essential to successful use of the paper/pencil version.
Continue below to learn if paper/pencil ARTIC is right for you.
Do you have the capacity to…
- Administer a paper/pencil survey at multiple time points in a way that ensures participant confidentiality?
- Manually enter all participant data at each time point into SPSS and complete data analysis using provided instructions?
- Generate meaningful reports and graphs that illustrate the data analysis, and support data-driven decisions?
- Are you seeking a measure that is also available in a language other than English (currently available in Spanish, French, and Japanese)?