Core Subscales (ARTIC-35 and ARTIC-45) (There are no subscales in the ARTIC-10)
- Underlying Causes of Problem Behavior and Symptoms. Emphasizes behavior and symptoms as adaptations and malleable versus behavior and symptoms as intentional and fixed.
- Responses to Problem Behavior and Symptoms. Emphasizes relationships, flexibility, kindness, and safety as the agent of change versus rules, consequences, and accountability as the agent of behavior and symptom changes.
- On-The-Job Behavior. Endorses empathy-focused staff behavior versus control-focused staff behavior.
- Self-Efficacy at Work. Endorses feeling able to meet the demands of working with a traumatized population versus feeling unable to meet the demands.
- Reactions to the Work. Endorses appreciating the effects of secondary trauma/vicarious traumatization and coping by seeking support versus minimizing the effects of secondary trauma/vicarious traumatization and coping by ignoring or hiding the impact.
Supplementary Subscales (ARTIC-45 only)
6. Personal Support of Trauma-Informed Care. Endorses being supportive of, and confident about, implementation of TIC versus concerns about implementing TIC.
7. System-Wide Support of Trauma-Informed Care. Endorses feeling system-wide support for TIC versus NOT feeling supported by colleagues, supervisors, and the administration to implement TIC.